Ovidiu Predescu's Home Page
Hi and welcome to my home page!
Check out my Weblog for more up-to-date information.
Here are some of the free-software/open-source projects I am or I
was involved in.
- Apache Cocoon -- an XML based publishing and application framework. I'm working on enhancing it with powerful control flow mechanisms.
- Anteater -- Ant-based testing
framework especially suited for testing SOAP-based Web Services, with
support for testing both synchronous and asynchronous
- XSLT-process -- An (X)Emacs minor mode for processing XML documents using XSLT. It includes a visual XSLT debugger, check it out!
- GNU Objective-C compiler -- I
maintained the compiler front-end and runtime library
in the GNU GCC project between 1997 and beginning of 2002. The current active maintainer is now Stan Shebs of Apple.
- libFoundation -- an almost
complete implementation of the OpenStep Foundation
specification. The Foundation library is at the core of Apple's MacOS X, and libFoundation provides a portable implementation running on multiple platforms including Linux and Windows.
- FoundationTestsuite -- a DejaGnu testsuite for Foundation
libraries based on the OpenStep specification, bundled with libFoundation.
- GNUstep Database Library -- an implementation of an object-relational database mapping system in Objective-C. This is similar with Apple's WebObjects EOF subsystem.
- The GNUstep Project -- An
implementation of the OpenStep specification. I was heavily involved
in the development of most of the packages that compose GNUstep: the
makefile package, the database library, the GUI library and XDPS
backend for X-Windows systems.
- GDBbundle -- a graphical user interface to GDB that runs on
OPENSTEP 4.2. Take a look at a screenshot of it and download the
sources or binaries from here.
You can also take a look at my resume.
ovidiu at apache dot org (SPAM protected)
Last modified: Sun Jan 18 00:09:58 PST 2004